St. Leonard’s Hospice Privacy Notice
At St. Leonard’s Hospice we are committed to protecting your privacy. We protect any personal information you give us. This notice is written in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. If you have any questions about this notice, please contact our Data Protection Officer, Mark Richardson, at;
St. Leonard’s Hospice
185 Tadcaster Road
Or please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01904 708553.
By continuing to use this website you are agreeing to the processing of your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice.
What information do we collect?
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you. Personal information can include your name, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone number and credit/debit card details. We collect personal information from you when you ask about our activities, register with us, order products and services from us, make a donation to us, fundraise on our behalf or give us personal information.
We collect the following types of information from our supporters;
- Personal data that you provide voluntarily upon our request, such as when you create an account on our website, make a donation, sign up for an event or use our online shop.
- Aggregated data generated by our systems and third parties (Google Analytics) to assess site usage and performance. This type of data and analysis does not track or store any personally identifiable data.
- Photographs/film of events. We ask participants for their consent to photographs/filming when completing an event entry form. At events that are photographed/filmed we display signs asking participants to talk to hospice staff if they have any concerns. Event participants who do not want to be photographed/filmed are asked to wear a wristband.
- CCTV footage of specific areas outside and inside the main hospice site. Signs advise that CCTV is in operation 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
How do we use your information?
The personal information that you provide may be used for the following purposes:
- To give you the information, support, services or products you asked for.
- To send you communications about our fundraising activities (where you have given us consent to do so). You can let us know if you would prefer not to receive these communications at any time by contacting our Data Protection Officer, Mark Richardson, at; St. Leonard’s Hospice, 185 Tadcaster Road, York, YO24 1GL or please email email@example.com or ring 01904 708553.
- Processing credit/debit card transactions;
- To provide further information to you about other services which we consider may be of interest to you (where you have given us consent to do so)
- CCTV footage will only be accessed to investigate incidents outside and inside the main hospice site. CCTV footage can only be accessed by a limited number of authorised staff.
- We will also use aggregated data we collect to develop the content, performance and usability of our website.
How long do we keep your information for?
We only keep your personal data for as long as necessary for the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. The precise length of time we hold your personal data varies.
We regularly review our retention periods to ensure that we do not keep your data for longer than necessary. Details of retention periods are available by contacting our Data Protection Officer using the address, email address or telephone number at point b) above.
CCTV footage is retained for 60 days. The CCTV system automatically deletes footage which is older than 60 days.
How do we protect your information?
We use appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access to your personal information.
Who do we share your information with?
We will not sell your details to any third parties but we may share your information with companies who are contracted to act and provide services on our behalf.
This includes the Weekly Prize Draw, Regular Giving, securely processing credit/debit card transactions, using a mailing house to print and post larger mailings or periodically cleansing our donor database – so that we don’t write to people who have moved house or died.
All details are sent in a secure encrypted form and are never kept by the company acting on our behalf. We have contracts with the companies to ensure they treat your data in the same secure manner that we do.
Some events that we promote are run by third parties (such as the Yorkshire Marathon and York 10k) and we need to share information you provide us for event purposes. We will always ask your permission to do this.
What about our shops?
If you donate goods to our shops, we may ask for your details in order to claim Gift Aid on your donation. It is your choice whether you give us this information. You can opt in to other communications from us when you register for Gift Aid.
If a card payment is taken for goods in a shop, we never store the card number on our database.
Our website may include links to other websites, not owned or managed by us. We cannot be held responsible for the privacy of information collected by websites not managed by us.
Please read our cookies policy Cookies – St Leonard’s Hospice (stleonardshospice.org.uk)
If you are 16 or under
If you’re aged 16 or under, you must get a parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information on our website.
Accessing and updating your personal information
You can request access to information that we hold about you by contacting us using the address, email or telephone details provided at the beginning of this privacy notice.
You can request that we stop holding information about you or change/opt out of any contact preferences by contacting us using the address, email or telephone details provided at the beginning of this privacy notice.
Equally, please let us know of any changes using the above contact details.
When we receive your request to stop holding information about you or change your contact preferences, we will process it within 28 days of receipt. We will acknowledge receipt of your request and confirm with you that your request has been completed.
Changes to this notice
We may change our privacy notice from time to time, so please check back periodically.
Complaints about this notice
We hope to be able to resolve any complaints you have about our privacy notice directly with you.
However, if that is not possible, you can contact the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) using the details below.
The ICO is the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals.
The Information Commissioners Office
Or ring 0303 123 1113
This notice was updated 19 May 2020
St. Leonard’s Hospice, registered charity in England and Wales (509294). A company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales company number 01451533.
Our registered office is St. Leonard’s Hospice, 185 Tadcaster Road, York, YO24 1GL.