Important information about our visiting process
We understand how important it is for you to spend as much time as possible with your loved ones. Whilst we are starting to ease out of COVID-19 restrictions, we are still operating within certain guidelines in order to keep everyone safe.
We are making every effort to ensure you have the very best experience and recognise that this is hugely important. Please contact the Hospice on 01904 708 553 if you have any further questions ahead of your admission.
Please be mindful these guidelines could be subject to change as we continue to manage our way out of the pandemic.
- There is no restriction to the number of visitors.
- Only four visitors are allowed in the patient’s room at any one time.
- If there are more than four people visiting at any one time, there are rooms available for people to wait in. Please continue to be mindful of social distancing.
- Visiting hours are between 10.00am and 8.00pm.
For loved ones deemed to be in the last days of life
- Visiting hours will not be restricted and we are happy to discuss the option of overnight stays.
Virtual visiting service
We do understand how important it is for patients to remain connected with all of their loved ones and our virtual visiting service will facilitate this. We are able to organise regular Zoom, Facetime or Skype calls. If patients do not have a phone or tablet of their own, they can use a Hospice iPad. Please speak to the family support team to arrange your virtual visiting plans.
All visitors will need to follow our current visiting process which is outlined below:
When you arrive at the Hospice:
- On arrival at reception you will be asked COVID-19 screening questions and have your temperature taken.
- Following the screening questions, you will be asked to wash your hands and use the hand gel provided. You will then be provided with a face mask.
- You will then be able to go directly to the patient’s room.
- We would encourage that rooms are well ventilated during your visits.
At the end of your visit:
- When leaving the patient’s room please keep your face mask on. You will also be asked to wash your hands and use hand gel.
- Once in reception, you will be asked to remove your face mask and dispose of it in the designated PPE bin.
- Please use the hand gel provided when exiting the Hospice.
St Leonard’s Hospice is strictly a no smoking site and we do not allow smoking either inside the building or outside in the Hospice grounds. This applies to both patients and their visitors. This policy is explained to all patients as part of our admissions process. Nicotine therapy is available to those requiring it.