Role Type: Paid
Salary: £19,055.00 – £19,917.00 FTE – (Actual Salary For Working 30 Hours £15,244.00 – £15,933.60)
Closing Date: Midnight Sunday 31st October 2021
You will have previous experience of maintaining high standards of cleaning, either in the role of a domestic assistant/housekeeper or in your own property/home. You will be motivated to work as part of a team but also work alone at times under the supervision of the Housekeeping Manager and Deputy Housekeeping Manager at St Leonard’s Hospice.
This role is physically demanding, especially on occasions when specific areas of the Hospice need cleaning in a short space of time. There is a structured regime for cleaning within the Hospice and you will work as part of a team to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness are maintained.
Successful candidate will have the opportunity to build strong working relationships with the Housekeeping team, clinical team and other members of Hospice staff and volunteers.
This role is working 30 hours per week which will include evening and weekends and to cover holidays, sickness and other absences.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working as a member of the Housekeeping team and under the supervision of the Housekeeping Manager and Deputy Housekeeping Manager ensuring that all areas of the hospice are maintained to a high standard and in accordance with housekeeping cleaning schedules.
- Ensure all linen and laundry is handled in accordance with hospice policy.
- Work closely with the clinical team to ensure a high standard of cleanliness is maintained for patients.
- Report all faults and wear and tear to the Housekeeping Manager and Deputy Housekeeping Manager.
- Have (or develop) an awareness of laws or policies relating to Health & Safety, COSHH and Infection Control.
- Ensure the usage of all cleaning equipment and materials is in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations and Hospice policy.
- Maintain strict confidentiality with regard patients, their families and the hospice at all times.
- To undertake other reasonable duties as requested by the Housekeeping Manager and Deputy Housekeeping Manager, Senior Sister for IPU, Director of Clinical Services, Chief Executive or other members of the Senior Management team.