Closing date: 24th September 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed
- To take operational responsibility for the successful running of the designated shop as directed by the Retail Operations Manager.
- To work in all shops to cover Shop Managers’ holidays and days off as directed
- To maximise income through the shop operation.
- To support fundraising events in the area, working with the Fundraising Manager and Community Fundraisers, as appropriate
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To assist the Shop Managers in managing the day to day running of the shop and act as Shop Manager in their absence.
- To contribute towards maximising store sales and profits, promote Gift Aid within HMRC guidelines and represent the Hospice in a professional manner reflecting our core values at all times.
- To maintain the correct financial procedures at the shop to comply with Hospice policies.
- To take responsibility for cash and stock control and the display of goods in any of the shops.
- To liaise with other Shop Managers to ensure resources are shared and used appropriately.
- To inform the Retail Management Team immediately of any complaints, accidents or untoward occurrences in the shop, as well as formally logging on Health and Safety System (T100).
- To deal carefully and sensitively with unsuitable offers of help.
- To be named key holder to enable access to any one of St Leonard’s Hospice retail outlets.