COVID vaccination: As outlined in the Government report “Living with COVID” published Feb 2022 Professional bodies, the Royal Colleges, the Chief Medical Officer, Chief Nursing Officer and others consider it is a professional responsibility for health and care staff to be vaccinated for COVID. We support this and it is our preference that all of our staff are fully vaccinated for COVID in order to keep themselves safe, our patients and our colleagues.
Can you provide a high standard of cleaning within the Hospice clinical and non-clinical areas?
Are you looking for additional income and a level of flexibility over when you work?
You will have previous experience of maintaining high standards of cleaning, either in the role of a domestic assistant/housekeeper or simply in your own home. You will be motivated to work as part of a team but also able to work alone at times under the supervision of the Housekeeping Manager and Deputy Housekeeping Manager at St Leonard’s Hospice.
This role is physically demanding, especially on occasions when specific areas of the Hospice need cleaning in a short space of time. There is a structured regime for cleaning within the Hospice and you will work as part of a team to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness are maintained.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to build strong working relationships with the Housekeeping team, clinical team and other members of Hospice staff and volunteers as well as gain experience in a clinical setting.
This is a bank position which would work well if you currently work part-time and are looking for extra hours on an as and when required basis to cover holidays, sickness and other absences. Alternatively this would be ideal for anyone looking to fit in work over evenings or weekends to fit in around your lifestyle, childcare or other commitments or perhaps if you are a student wanting additional income.
Flexibility can be considered as to the timing of bank shifts (i.e. early evening and weekends)given the 24 hour care provided by the Hospice.
Full training will be provided.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working as a member of the Housekeeping team and under the supervision of the Housekeeping Manager and Deputy Housekeeping Manager ensuring that all areas of the hospice are maintained to a high standard and in accordance with housekeeping cleaning schedules.
- Ensure all linen and laundry is handled in accordance with hospice policy.
- Work closely with the clinical team to ensure a high standard of cleanliness is maintained for patients.
- Report all faults and wear and tear to the Housekeeping Manager and Deputy Housekeeping Manager.
- Have (or develop) an awareness of laws or policies relating to Health & Safety, COSHH and Infection Control.
- Ensure the usage of all cleaning equipment and materials is in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations and Hospice policy.
- Maintain strict confidentiality with regard patients, their families and the hospice at all times.
- To undertake other reasonable duties as requested by the Housekeeping Manager and Deputy Housekeeping Manager, Senior Sister for IPU, Director of Clinical Services, Chief Executive or other members of the Senior Management team.